What Makes Cedar A Great Fence Material?
Not only does cedar resist water and bugs, but it has a great ability to remain straight and true long after other fencing materials have twisted, buckled and bent due to weather conditions. Cedar fences can be left in their natural state without use of stain, paint, or sealer. If left untreated, a cedar fence will fade and weather to a light silvery grey colour. This is a classic look for a cedar fence and you’ll see hundreds of them all over Victoria. Often you’ll see cedar fences topped with a lattice.
It turns out there is a good reason for the classic Victoria look of a cedar fence topped with lattice. Local bylaws allow you a 6 foot solid fence only. However, you can add another 2 feet of lattice on top. This allows a feeling of additional privacy, while still allowing air flow and light to get through the fence.
Double D Fencing’s Commitment to You:
- Our schedule is flexible and we are often able to start your job quickly.
- We always keep your home and our work area tidy and clean and organized.
- A friendly team of professional fence builders.
- Post completion walk-through of the job to get your feedback and approval.
- Transparent pricing, and accurate estimates.
- Reliable service. We arrive on time when we say we will.
- We provide top quality Western Red Cedar.
- Modern tools and equipment.